Back to The New School


All Continuing Education courses will be offered online this fall. Enrollment is now open. Browse courses

We continue to monitor and respond to the public health situation regarding COVID-19. Learn more

Registration & Enrollment

International Students: Students who are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents may be asked to complete the forms needed for travel to New York City.  If your desired program requires an I-20, you should complete an application as soon as possible before the date of arrival on campus. Registered international students receive information about applying for an I-20 (F-1) or DS-2019 (J-1) from our office of International Student Services in their course confirmation letter. You can complete the forms on the following website:

U.S. citizens visiting France for less than three months are not required to obtain a visa. However, citizens of countries other than the United States and European Union member states are responsible for obtaining appropriate visas to study in France.

Visa Status: Know the Difference

Resources & Benefits

To download our International Students Guide and to find out more about visiting and living in New York City, visit the ISSS site here.


International Student and Scholar Services
72 Fifth Avenue, 3rd floor (Map)
Phone: 212.229.5592
Fax: 212.229.8992
Skype: ISS_thenewschool

Before you reach out, check our Frequently Asked Questions to see if your questions are answered there. 

More than a course.
A new kind of network.
Back to top