This course acquaints students with aspects of fiction-writing technique. It is designed for students trying to develop a project or find theapproach with which they can best express themselves. Experiments in various styles are encouraged. Work is read aloud and examined. Promising projects are developed under the instructor’s supervision, and consideration is given to publication possibilities.
- Techniques for developing story and character as well as for crafting strong dialogue
- The essential elements of narrative
- Methods for deepening language in literary prose
- You’ll be a part of a focused community of writers working to develop their fiction
- You’ll deepen your understanding of both literary and commercial fiction
- You will develop skills in revision and critique in a collaborative workshop environment