The focus in this workshop for experienced writers is discussion of student poems, in conjunction with ways to make creative use of other poems, from the most recent innovations to the poetry of the Middle Ages. Students try old forms, invent new ones, and learn to see how “failure” can provide the basis for their best work. Students are offered help in prepar- ing and submitting work for publication. Written comments are given on all work submitted, and private conferences are available. For permission to register, send ten sample pages by August 1 to the instructor, c/o Laura Cronk at email@example.com.
- Development of a base of poetic work drawing from old forms, the invention of new ones, and the study of “failures”.
- Considerations and steps in preparing and submitting work for publication
- You will receive comments on all work submitted
- You have the opportunity for private conferences with the instructor
- You will be guided in expanding and strengthening your collection of poetic work