Students undertake the challenging task of finishing a draft of their feature-length screen plays. Pre-requisite: Script Analysis (NSRW 0280) and Screenwriting 1: The First Act (NSRW 0381). Film Production Certificate students are required to register for the corresponding CT lab.
- How to revise your step outline to solidify structure and simplify the writing process.
- How to re-examine, tighten, and rewrite your outline, giving close attention to structure, logic, motivation, complex character development, tone, and theme.
- Advanced screenwriting skills through an emphasis on the specific problems of successful scene writing and the development of a professional writing style.
- Students use their finished outlines to revise act one and draft acts two and three.
- Weekly page requirements keep students on track, while in-class reviews offer support, guidance, and direction.
- Students finish the term with a polished and professional first draft.