Whether you are a writer, a director, or a producer, an understanding of story structure and dramatic principles is essential. In-depth analysis of a screenplay’s storyline, characters, dialogue, images, and theme reveals a wide range of narrative techniques and storytelling styles, from Hollywood to independent and everything in between. Film Production Certificate students are required to register for the corresponding CT lab.
- How essential information in film scripts is conveyed.
- How story elements are communicated through visual means.
- How dramatic momentum is built with cause and effect.
- What makes a character credible and complex.
- Students gain the ability to analyze any film script and apply that knowledge to their own screenwriting.
- Refined writing and communication skills.
- Exposure to and appreciation of successful films and their film scripts for analysis.