Design is about imagining and proposing alternate future possibilities. If we cannot imagine it, we cannot design and build it. This class equips design leaders with the futures thinking and forecasting skills necessary to simulate and strategically plan for a volatile and uncertain future. Students learn storytelling and immersive scenario design techniques that will propel them into the realm of science fiction to better equip them to make choices in reality. This course is designed to be the capstone course in the Design Leadership for Business Certificate. It is open to all students, but those that have completed a significant portion of courses in the certificate sequence will benefit most.
- Learn about the ideas behind futures thinking and design think
- Apply futures thinking and foresights as a strategic tool
- Use storytelling and scenarios to prepare for an uncertain future
- Spark discussion and participation with future scenarios
- Bring and use provocative futures thinking in your work and personal life
- Stimulate thought and discussion about the future that is being envisioned today
- Acquire activities to be used in the workplace and in your own life, to consider the future as a guide in making decisions today