This class is for students who have a basic understanding of oil painting as well as the beginning oil painter. Students who wish to build a portfolio to apply for higher education will benefit from this class, as will those who want to improve their painting skills. Both painting from the figure and still life painting are explored. References to art history and contemporary artists are included to support student learning. Prerequisites: none.
- Selective observation to develop an understanding of structure and form.
- Focus on the use of composition, spatial relationships, color theory, and paint application while developing your own personal form of expression.
- About split complementary scheme, using monochromatic colors, or making one color appear as two colors.
- To be able to begin and complete a successful full oil color figure painting alla prima and in two sittings.
- To have an understanding of oil painting materials and techniques
- To be able to use correct painting vocabulary
- To feel comfortable mixing color and have an understanding of color theory techniques
- To have an understanding of artists in art history